Aliados estratégicosRegional and local governments in the field of intervention, Ministry of Agriculture (Minagri) and attached agencies, including the National Agrarian Health Service (Servicio Nacional de Sanidad Agraria - Senasa), the National Institute for Agrarian Innovation (Instituto Nacional de Innovación Agraria-INIA) and National Water Authority (Autoridad Nacional del Agua - ANA), Ministry of Women and Vulnerable Populations (Ministerio de la Mujer y Poblaciones Vulnerables -MIMP), Ministry of Health (Minsa), Ministry of the Environment (Minam), Ministry of Production (Produce), Initiative for Child Malnutrition (Iniciativa por la Desnutrición Infantil-IDI), Capital Foundation, Regional Government Program of Metropolitan Lima (Programa de Gobierno Regional de Lima Metropolitana-PGRLM) and private companies linked to value chains (SF and SNF).
Objetivo del proyecto
Reduce chronic malnutrition and nutritional anemia in children under 5 years old and increase family income in the prioritized districts of the regions of Lima, Ica, and Piura with a gender approach.
Grupo de impacto
Women farmers, pregnant women and girls and boys under 5 years old.
- The participation of chefs in the food preparation demonstration sessions in order to include culinary techniques and the presentation of the preparations in the contents to be developed.
- Similarly, the home visit of a social actor was promoted as a key action to improve health and nutrition practices by caregivers of children under 3 years old.
- The implementation of a mechanism for the dissemination of messages on health and nutrition through mobile messaging applications and text messages, complemented by follow-up calls. This due to the impossibility of making visits as a result of the quarantine.
- The optimization of water uses in a context of desertification and drought through technical irrigation and hydroponics pilots for the production of vegetables. In fact, due to the lack of cultivated land, the cultivation of vegetables was implemented using hydroponics applied to urban and peri-urban areas.
- The incorporation of appropriate technology through the equipment and production infrastructure, optimizing the feeding processes, pig, and poultry management to reduce the breeding time.
- The design of short tutorials for their virtual broadcast in the trainings to families through WhatsApp, Zoom and Facebook.
Fortalecimiento de la sociedad civil
Local training events for social organizations on issues such as sources of financing and women empowerment.
Permanent support, virtualized through WhatsApp groups and the development of tutorials for training and virtual technical assistance of the participants in the project.
- Through virtual tools, the entire population was not covered, so the use of media such as radio stations, tablets and banners were evaluated to achieve coverage of the project participants.
- The need was found to generate playful and agile content, mostly oral, interactive, and suitable for the beneficiaries’ mobile phones. It is necessary to reinforce the contents through technical assistance and telephone calls.
- The endowment of productive assets (livestock and seeds) allowed a greater response of families to COVID-19, as well as protecting their livelihoods.
- Another learning issue was the need to strengthen co-responsibility strategies at home for a more equitable use of time.
Impacto del proyecto
Total beneficiarios directos
Total beneficiarios indirectos
Mujeres beneficiadas directas
Mujeres beneficiadas indirectas
Adaptó o implementó actividades en respuesta a la COVID-19